Catching up on recent marketing moves from films including Hidden Figures, Wind River and others.
- The movie and its message of promoting STEM education for girls and women has inspired the “#HiddenNoMore” campaign from the U.S. State Department bringing female professionals in those fields from around the world to the U.S..
What Happened to Monday
- Noomi Rapace gave an interview where she talked about taking on a role requiring her to play seven siblings, how that role was originally written for a man and more.
- Tommy Wirkola also talked about how, despite “Orphan Black” being an obvious point of comparison for the story, he didn’t seek out or watch that show so as to avoid any influences or unintentional repetition. He was also interviewed about filming action sequences, what he hope audiences get out of the story and more.
- A well-known verse from a 1998 rap from Big Pun was apparently instrumental in star Danielle Macdonald getting into character.
- Rolling Stone goes in-depth on the making of the movie and the journey it took from script to festival to release.
- Meanwhile Jason Bailey at Flavorwire asks if being a feel-good crowd-pleaser that accumulates some decent buzz at festivals is all there is and if it’s enough to call a movie a success.
Fun Mom Dinner
- Star Toni Collette gave a recent interview talking about how much fun the set was as everyone was having a great time telling the story.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- IDW is publishing a new graphic novel adaptation of the film’s story. The new edition is scheduled to come out this December.
- Fox has continued to spend big on TV ads for the movie to keep up interest in its home video release.
- Very cool new poster for the movie that has some great visuals and sense of style.
Ghost In the Shell
The Hitman’s Bodyguard
- Karen Gomez at Film School Rejects calls attention to the meta turn later TV spots for the movie took, including having Reynolds and Jackson snipe at each other through narration in the commercials.
- TWC released another “online” trailer for Wind River that dispenses with much of the intrigue around the secrets being hidden and just focuses on the tension of the investigation into the killing.