The new trailer for Blade Runner 2049 is out and I have some thoughts:
- Thank you to the person who put “California 2049” in the opening as it’s now clear where the story is set.
- Dave Bautista’s character appears to be the new Leon Kowalski and I’m here for it.
- I still remain unconvinced that the filmmakers didn’t just pop in on Jared Leto one day and film him. Basically, this may just be how he is and not him playing a character.
- OK, that’s a pretty big spoiler in Harrison Ford’s speech, right? At least there’s a way to interpret it as being a very big spoiler.
- Sylvia Hoeks as some sort of bad-ass enforcer for Leto’s mad genius is giving me some Terminator 3 flashbacks.
- Everything here is pointing toward how finding Deckard is going to upset the balance and, as Robin Wright’s character says, “break the world.” I do like me a trailer with stakes.