The first trailer for A Wrinkle In Time is here and I have some thoughts:
- Chris Pine in a beard may be the most I’ve ever related to him in any movie.
- Not here for the slow, moody techno cover of “Sweet Dreams,” a song I don’t care for in the first place.
- Oprah as the wise guru sending someone out to fulfill their life’s destiny is the most on-brand I’ve ever seen someone in a movie.
- Getting more than a few Tomorrowland vibes here.
- OK, the look affected by Mindy Kailing and Oprah here *is* pretty cool.
- Let’s all get down with the fact that a young black girl is finally getting her shot in the “chosen one” type role that’s usually reserved for white girls.
- There’s just enough shared here that I immediately want more. I don’t remember all the details from the book, which I probably last read 30+ years ago.