Despicable Me 3
- Universal/Illumination not only sponsored selfie lenses on Snapchat but also were the first advertisers to take advantage of that app’s new “World Lenses” augmented-reality ad unit.
- Turns out this is the latest movie to feature lots of shots from the trailer not making it into the finished film. There are various reasons for that, some of them around how shots were created just for the trailers or various sizzle reels, which walks right up to the line of “false advertising” in my opinions.
- Some details here on how Donald Glover finally got involved in a Spider-Man movie (aside from that one “Community” gag) and what it might mean for future films.
- Nerdist has an exclusive look at one more poster, this one inspired by the cover of Amazing Fantasy #15, with Spidey carrying one of the crooks from the movie.
- The augmented reality feature of the movie’s official mobile app was covered in-depth here.
A Ghost Story
- The internet’s big takeaway from this interview with A Ghost Story star Rooney Mara? That she’d never had pie before shooting the movie.
- The store A24 setup to sell sheets in New York City got more coverage in the LA Times from Steven Zeitchik.
- Director Edgar Wright got one more music-themed promotional move in, this time creating a Spotify playlist of what he’s listening to now.